Participants will develop their artistic voice through personal investigation while working with clay independently from home. They will have the opportunity to seek guidance via email and elective meetings peppered throughout the session. Guidance will focus on technical or aesthetic problem-solving issues they may have with their projects. They may also use this time to seek technical advice in setting a studio up at home. Glaze time and wheel rentals are available at an additional cost. Both must be scheduled with the ACW supervisor.
Who is it for?
Intermediate to advanced potters who may wish to social-distance or are in an at-risk demographic during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Participants receive 25lbs of clay from Art Center West, that will be available for pick-up at the center during the first week of their course (by appointment).
- All works should be made from clay purchased from ACW.
- All tools are the responsibility of the participant. Access to community boards, tools and equipment will not be available.
- Clay work will be completed offsite.
- Greenware drop off will be scheduled with ACW supervisor.
- Clay work will be bisque fired based on schedule of classes and workload – a typical turn-around will be approximately 2 weeks if work is ready to be fired upon delivery.
- Bisque fired works will be stored safely at ACW until pick up/glazing is arranged.
- Glazing will be scheduled individually in 2-hour blocks for a separate fee.
8 Week Program # 28501
Dates: 8 week session: 1/11 - 3/6
Fee: $174; Ages: 14+
- Extra 25 pound bag of clay from ACW: $25
- Glaze areas will be scheduled up to two people per time slot.
- Wheel Rental: $100/month plus deposit and rental agreement
Please email AJ Argentina for more information about rentals: firstname.lastname@example.org